Goalie & Skater
AMAZING SAVES COMBO-PRIVATE SESSION
60-Minute Single Session for 1 Goalie & 1 Player with a Goalie Coach and a Players Skills Coach
Amazing Saves Combo-Private lessons brings 2 players of similar skill level, 1 goalie and 1 skater, together to create a unique learning session. Coach Bill or one of his Goalie Coaches will team up with one of his many “Skill” coaches to create separate and then combined practice plans for the goalie and skater. The advantage a combo-private lesson offers is the ability to have a private lesson with a coach and then combine the skills that were taught to game situation drills against another player. Plus, the added benefit of the shared cost of the ice time. Each private will be custom tailored to the two players needs and current skill level. Combo-Privates for goalies can be set up in two formats. The Multiple Skill Development Model or the Single Skill Development Model. The players Skill Development Plan will be provided by the Skills Coach after a short conversation about the players’ needs and requirements.
A typical session would consist of 5-10 minutes of separate and or combined warm up skating and edge work. 30-35 minutes of separate skill development than 20 minutes of combined game situation drills that pit the skater against the goalie with the coach’s added in.
**Consider reserving a package of 5 or more sessions to save $$ and then let the coaches create a Structured Combo – Private Plan that builds a curriculum from the multiple skill list below.
**To arrange for a Combo Private session with Coach Bill or one of his Coaches simply click on the “Book Now” button towards the bottom right of the page and you will be led to the registration page.
- 1:1 Goalie to Coach
- 1:1 Player to Coach
- Goalie: $100.00 per session – all fees included Except Ice Time (see ice costs below)
- Save 10 % by booking a package of 5 or more sessions!
- Player: $$ determined by Skills Coach – Typically $100.00 per session
- Ice Time NOT included
- City Ice Pavilion’s Studio Ice Cost: Full Ice Rental required at $72 per hour (Full Ice – 6 slots) = $36 per skater
- Typical Rinks’s Stick and Puck Cost: $30-$50 for Coach and Player for the hour.
- Apex (CoachCast) membership included
- Videotaping of session with Apex (CoachCast) included
- Coach’s video review of session available for an extra fee of $25.00
- New Students Goalie jersey included
Multiple Skill Development Session: In this format, the lesson will consist of drills that work on anywhere from 2-8 different skills. A typical session will begin with a 10-15 warm-up that will focus on stretching, skating and edge work. The remaining 45-50 minutes will be dedicated to shooting and game situation drills. Typical Skills and Technique development selections:
- Glove Saves
- Blocker Saves
- Stick Saves – Steering
- Chest|Smother Saves & Rebound Control
- Crease Management – Angles, Depth & Squareness
- Post Integration – Post Hold, RVH & VH
- Behind the Net Coverage – Down Low & Out Play
- Desperation, Recovery Saves
- Screen & Tip Saves
- Breakaway Saves & Techniques
- Box Control
- Stick Handling
- Power Skating & Edge Work
Single Skill Development Session: Just as the description suggests this session will focus on a single Skill or Technique development. Various shooting and game situation drills will be utilized to work on any of the one types of save selections or game situation skills listed above. Like the Multiple Skill format, the lesson will begin with a 10-15-minute warm-up that will focus on stretching, skating and edge work. The remaining 45-50 minutes will be dedicated to shooting and game situation drills.
2018 - 2019
Coach Bill LoPinto
Sessions can be arranged 7 days a week with short notice based upon the Coaches Calendar Availability and Ice Time Availability.
Please check City Ice Studio Rinks for
Sessions can also be arranged to be held during Stick and Puck sessions at either City Ice Pavilion or World Ice Arena.